The Empire has made a critical error. After sending a Special Forces Team to recover a cargo of eldissium ore from the planet of Iselis, the team has become trapped when they are confronted by the crew of the Star Wanderer.
While the Imperials scramble to be rescued, the Star Wanderer flees the system with the ore securely in its cargo hold, and a mysterious alien device, discovered on the planet, now under the watchful eye of the skilled technician L’ZDARMA D’BRO.
In an attempt to cover their tracks, the crew travel to Zad’Ser, the home of a secretive shadowport. Unfortunately their arrival has coincided with an exclusive auction being held at the asteroid base, an event which has attracted the attention of several underworld syndicates....
TRIGGERED OBLIGATION: El-Isara Vesri (Bounty)
DESTINY POOL: Light 3 / Dark 3
SCENE: Starfield – Zad’Ser System
The deepness of space. A lone YT-1000 exits hyperspace and flies past the screen. The camera pans and follows the craft as a massive asteroid belt looms in the distance.
CUT TO: YT-1000 Star Wanderer (Interior)
- The heroes begin their approach to the asteroid base. During their trip, L’zadarma continues working on KYN-11T and although seems to have fixed the problem, cannot establish why the droid won’t activate. In the hope of learning more, she opens the chasis of the droid to see the crystal at the heart of the droid.
- Tendrils can be seen weaving around bio-cables which are connected to KYN-11T‘s internal workings at one end, and the crystal on the other. Several of the cables are burned leaving a charred rock like splinter.
L’zadarma takes the sample and performs some rudimentary experiments on it. Unfortunately, the crystal appeared inert. Later L’zadarma finds several unknown chemicals sprayed onto the crystal (probably during one of her other moments of research) which causes the crystal to duplicate.
- Later the crew arrives at the station after a harrowing moment where Zax successfully managed to knock out the sensor array aboard the ship.
- Upon arrival they are greeted by a protocol droid. Arcz speaks for the group whilst L’zadarma checks out the computer system. L’zadarma spruces herself up to look like a woman of the upper class, all whilst adjusting the computer records to show her as being on the guest list for a gala dinner and auction.
- KYN-11T is left aboard the ship whilst the others are escorted by the droid to their luxury apartment.